Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A few remarks

In a lot of beautiful places it was prohibited to take pictures. The most stunning place apart from the Taj was the golden temple in Vellore. It's been completed only three or four years ago so it's a little known attraction, but one which will become world famous. The gardens were designed geometrically and contained loads of flowers and fountains. I could easily have spent the whole day taking pictures if it had been allowed. I also visited a lot of other nice Hindu temples but again, photos were not permitted.
In other places I was simply too slow get anything but blurred pics. Quite often, the sky was hazy so I'm not really happy with the light in most pictures. But then again, I don't want to photoshop it into something different than it was...

Last but not least, I'd like to thank everybody who let me stay in their house or had me over for tea. I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed meeting up, even though in most cases, it had been at least 12 years ago...A story I tell my friends about India is how I was silently wondering, why everyone I stayed with, had parathas, chicken curry and Sprite at home without me really telling them. Only at last in Bangalore I figured, that everyone was calling the last person I had stayed with to inquire about the things I like. Even though I try to be hospitable, I would never have thought about that...That was just so sweet.

No comments: