Monday, June 19, 2006

Las Vegas


Las Vegas put me under a weird spell which resulted in not taking any pictures beside this one. I didn't really expect to like it but it was better than I thought. The hotels are amazing.
Luxor is built in form of a pyramid with a sphinx and an obelisk right in front of it. The temples of Abu Simbel are replicated inside (in case you don't know what that looks like check out the link. Just click on the title.)
Other hotels have real lions (bigger cages than in some zoos), sharks, tropical plants, huge shopping malls, a Venician canal and waterfalls inside. Everything was designed to get lost in it. Slot machines are everywhere and I even wan a few dollars (which I lost later). I didn't play Roulette or Black Jack but another game which resulted in founding a secrete society (details will obviously not be made public).
Later our whole group explored Las Vegas from within a party bus. We checked out a light show, some hotels and a drive thru wedding window which puzzled me completly. Who is so unromantic to chose a drive thru wedding (which inevitably conjures up memories of the last Big Mac eaten) but romantic enough to nevertheless tie the knot?
Things in the party bus were pretty steamy and I'd like to take the opportunity to threaten my fellow travellers: whoever releases those pole dancing photos will regret it. I will track you down, hypnotise you and make you think you're a grizzly dancing the hula, buhuu ;-). Posted by Picasa

No comments: