Sunday, July 16, 2006

The wedding pics (without wedding pics)

My plan was to secretly take pictures of all the people I'd meet at this wedding. Once and for all I could learn the names and relations so that I'm not always the dumbfounded one when somebody comes up to me and says 'remember we met ....'. For some sad reason I don't have the memory my mother has. I've witnessed countless encounters which go something like this: Yasmin, good to see you, I remember meeting you 1969, you were still young but I've heard so much about you.
-Yeah of course I remember, it was August, 6 and you had that red T-Shirt and by the way did you keep in touch with Raji, you've been dating him for two months at that time, remember?

Then there's this embarrassed silence, because poor auntie so and so doesn't even remember what Raji looked like let alone what she was wearing at that day. See with me that will never happen.

Whatever back to my original plan. Obviously it's kind of difficult hiding a camera like mine and then people started coming up to me and asking to see the pictures. That's not at all what I wanted because I knew that a lot of pictures would not look that great. In fact I screwed up a lot of them because to be honest I prefer landscapes (see they don't have to be at Denver Airport within the next few hours). That's why the faces of a lot of nice people, some of them have even posed for pictures, are not on here. I'm sorry but I hope that I can make up for that later. In the meantime have a look at the pics (most of them have toddlers on them, I wonder if there's a hidden meaning attached to that? No just kidding and freaking my mum out ;-)). You're welcome to put on some comments, in fact I'd love that.

Last but not least: thanks for the beautiful weekend and good luck Natalia and Reuben.

No comments: